Monday, December 15, 2008

We are here!

Well, we made it to Pennsylvania in one piece! It snowed off and on the whole drive up last Saturday, but it was nice. Whitney wanted to ride with Grammy and Pappy, so I drove behind them and they were behind Joe in the truck and trailer (with his car on it). We had a nice and mostly uneventful drive except for the snow. I drove almost the whole way, but chickened out with about two hours to go b/c I was worried about the snow and visibility...it was dark too. I guess we will call that my initiation to driving in the snow. We had about an inch that night and it really hasn't snowed except for flurries since then. It has definitely been cold and cloudy most of the week.
We had a lot of friends and family help us unload once we got here, so that was REALLY nice! I was starting to get overwhelmed when I could no longer manuveur around the piles of boxes, but it is much more manageable now and we have mostly gotten everything either unpacked or put out of the way to be stored. :)
I had my first day of work today! It went really well. The drive was not bad...about 30 minutes, but I need to find an alternate out of town b/c the road I went down today was really winding and not good to drive at night. When I got to work this morning, they all came out to meet me...(it was a FIRE drill!) But then I stopped by HR and payroll and then got my computer and settled in. I already have a training that I am scheduled to attend next month and one that I have a hand in presenting in January and February! I will also start working with a colleague on assessing students' Assistive Technology needs as early as Thursday! So, I am busy already...that is good though. Everyone is really nice and seem really helpful and more importantly, they are glad to have me there!
OH, forgot to mention, when I got back to my car at the end of the day, the battery was dead! I left my lights on, so I had to call ONSTAR for roadside assistance. At least they were quick and I didn't have to wait too long.
One last thing...Joe has a job interview tomorrow...think about him and pray he does well and that things go as God has planned.
Love you all and miss you!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment