Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

We traveled to my mom's house in North Carolina for Christmas this year. It was an opportunity to see Blaine and the rest of my immediate family...MOM and Lisa. We even got to see my dad on Blaine's birthday!

it took us about 9 hours total to drive down with traffic and stops...we brought the dog this time.

On Christmas Eve, the kids and I made LOTS of goodies...rice krispie treats, peanut butter blossoms, and chocolate covered pretzel rods!



I cooked dinner for everyone and we headed out for church.


After we got back, the kids each opened one present. Blaine was SUPER excited to see he got a replica Steelers football that had all the players signatures on it.


Whitney added to her Littlest Pet Shop collection. Before bed, Blaine read the classic, "Twas the NIght Before Christmas"



Christmas day was great too....The kids had a great time opening presents and spending time together.







Later that afternoon we traveled to Lisa's to celebrate Blaine's birthday!




I set up his presents like a scavenger hunt to build the excitement.

All the gifts were related to each other, so he had some idea of what the final one might be. I think he was excited to finally open up the iPod touch!



He and I had been talking about it for a few weeks, but I kept telling him it was too expensive :)

We had a great time together this year. It was nice to go home and be able to see everyone...can't wait until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment