Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bummer

For the last few days, Joe and I have been going back and forth with Human Resources and NCAE and trying to find out if we are going to get paid for our earned sick days and personal leave days. The short answer is NO! We will not be paid for those days! I have at least 19 days that I have saved, so that is a real bummer! What they do, for all you NC state employees, is hold them for 5 years....after that, if you do not come back to NC and work for the state, they are gone! How nice is that of them? Very frustrating. That could have been a nice payout, but I guess that is what they are trying to avoid. We will get paid for our annual leave at least. Joe is trying to use as many days as he can, but I have a deadline to meet and I have to work up until the week before we move, so being "sick" is not really an option. I can't believe it is only a few more weeks. We have an open house this weekend, so we are hopeful that we will get some interest. Keep us in your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment